COVID 19 UPDATE:
Due to the Province-wide shutdown and Stay At Home order, all classes are currently on hold. Registration for outdoor summer programs begins April 7th. Please refer to our Locations Page for specific details as to classes offered near you and dates for reopening! Thank you for your ongoing support!
The fastest growing toddler and preschool sports and recreation program in the area
Where PLAY HAPPENS
"Children Are Like Sponges Eager to
Soak Up New Skills"
Established in Waterdown Ontario in response to a lack of variety, quality, and affordable sports and sporting activities for toddlers and preschool-aged children, Sport Kidz was born.
At the time of development Katie had a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. When her son had been a toddler he struggled physically due to an aliment at birth. He walked late and struggled with simple tasks such as running and jumping. When her son was 2 years old and Katie and her husband looked for an sporting activity to introduce him to, it became apparent that there was a real lack of variety in sporting options for young children.
Read More ....
Sport Kidz is a program designed for toddlers and young children to learn the basic fundamentals of sport and exercise in a fun and kid-centered environment.
Our program is focused around giving children a fun and rewarding introduction to sport so that they will find enjoyment in play and healthy living for years to come.
We have 3 different classes that are specifically tailored to different age groups of children. No matter what age group your child falls into, our core principles remain consistent.
Sport Totz - ages 1.5-2.5 years
Sport Kidz 1 - ages 2.5-3.5 years
Sport Kidz 2 - ages 3.5-5 years
What Are Parents Saying?
"He's Tried Other Programs with Limited Success"
"Sport Kidz is the highlight of my son's weekend. We've done multiple sessions and he can't wait to attend every week, we'll keep coming back in the future. He's tried other programs in the past with limited success but Coach Katie's well organized and routine oriented classes have been a hit from the start. We continue to recommend the program to other friends in the area!"
"It's a Serious Highlight of Their Weeks"
"We're on our second time through the Sport Kidz program - we loved it so much the first time we just had to come back! The coaches are excellent and work hard to make each class exciting, and do a fantastic job making sure all the kiddos are engaged and learning. My kids love coming, and look forward to it every Saturday. It's a serious highlight of their weeks! It's great to watch them try (and master) new skills in such a fun and kid-centred environment. Thanks for running such a great program!"
Read More Testimonials
Wonder what skills your child will develop in a Sport Kidz program? Check out the video here
COVID 19 RETURN TO CLASSES PROTOCOLS!
Sport Kidz Health & Safety Protocols For A Return To Classes
With the guidance of the Province of Ontario, the City of Hamilton and other governing bodies we are thrilled to announce a detailed plan for a return to Sport Kidz classes this fall.
Our first priority is the safety of everyone attending a program; students and parents alike. Safety measures being taken include reduced class sizes, designated spaces for each family to ensure social distancing, hand sanitizer, increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures and many others outlined in detail below.
Sport Kidz is doing everything required and more to provide you with the safest return-to-classes experience possible. However, no protocols can guarantee 100% protection. All parents/guardians registering their child is doing so at your own risk.
Your family's adherence to our new guidelines is critical in ensuring the safety of all.
Sport Kidz Covid-10 Protocols Fall 2020:
1. All coaches and staff will pre-screen at home and self-assess for symptoms prior to coming to classes. If a coach shows symptoms of any kind she will stay home and provide a Negative test result for Covid-19 (and be symptom free for 24 hours) prior to returning.
If the head-coach becomes ill at any time during a Sport Kidz session, the affected class(es) will be cancelled and made-up at the end of the session.
2. The facility used for classes will be thoroughly cleaned at the start and end of each day of classes.
3. Every parent/guardian entering the facility will be required to sign a quick health questionnaire regarding Covid-19. There are no exceptions and this must be completed each and every class upon arrival. The questions will be sent out prior to the first week of classes so that families are aware and familiar with what will be asked of them upon arrival.
4. Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility and mandatory upon arrival and exit.
5. PPE gloves are not permitted.
6. All high-touch surfaces and ALL equipment will be sanitized between each class. The majority of equipment (ie: soccer balls) will be single use and then put aside for cleaning prior to the next class to avoid cross-contamination. At any time if a piece of equipment needs to be shared it will be wiped down (or sanitizer will be made available) between student uses. Sharing and frequency of touching objects will be minimized.
7. The facility floor will be separated into training areas/pods for the students which will be approx 6x6 in size. This will allow students/parents to maintain social distancing during classes.
8. For the majority of the class, students (and their parents participating alongside) will remain in their own training pod outlined on the class floor. During rotational activities, students will be timed and then rotate to the next station to adhere to social distancing requirements at all times during classes.
9. Class sizes will be limited to ensure proper social distancing can be adhered to at all times. Certain group games/activities (ie: parachute, team cheers, group running activities) will be modified or eliminated from our programming to ensure the children can remain distanced wherever possible. Sport Kidz will incorporate more individual activities or activities that encourage more space between students.
10. Parents/Guardians must pre-screen both themselves and their child prior to each class (please see below the guidelines for pre-screening for Covid-19 symptoms)
DO NOT come to class if you or your child are feeling unwell (even if you believe the illness is not related to Covid 19). You will not be permitted to enter the class if showing any signs of illness.
We encourage anyone feeling unwell to get a Covid-19 test (a positive result will require 14 days of isolation), a negative test should result in the unwell individual staying home until 24 hours symptom-free.
If you test positive for Covid-19 and have been to a Sport Kidz class, please reach out directly to Sport Kidz to inform us so we may take the necessary steps to inform those you may have been in contact with.
11. Make-up classes will NOT be available for individual/family illness. If you miss a class due to yourself or your child being ill, these will be lost classes.
If a coach shows symptoms of any kind she will stay home and provide a Negative test result for Covid-19 (and be symptom free for 24 hours) prior to returning.
If the head-coach becomes ill at any time during a Sport Kidz session, the affected class(es) will be cancelled and made-up at the end of the session.
12. If you have travelled outside of Canada, you are required by health authorities to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
13. There will only be ONE parent/guardian permitted into class with each student. There will be no extra seating for additional family members/spectators. If you have a unique situation where you require additional help/bringing siblings, please reach out to us for approval prior to arrival. If you must bring additional siblings or infants, you can choose to have them observe from your designated chair along the outside of the room (there will be space for a car seat at your chairs or you may chose as a parent to baby-wear the infant.) Please notify Sport Kidz prior to classes if you MUST bring a sibling of a student to class so we can prepare an appropriate spot for you with extra space.
14. We are aware that it is allergy season, so if you or your child needs to cough or sneeze please do so into your arm and use provided sanitizer after. If you or your child have allergies that present symptoms that may be similar to Covid-19, please provide a doctor's note to Sport Kidz prior to the beginning of the program (or at any time throughout a session if the symptoms appear) to ensure continued participation.
15. Masks are mandatory for all adults in the class. Masks should be worn by children over the age of 2 when entering and leaving the facility but ARE NOT required for the children during classes because of the physical exertion that takes place during sports and sport-related activities. .
All instructors will be wearing masks. It is encouraged for you to bring a spare mask for yourself and your child in case it becomes wet or soiled. Please contact us prior to your class if you have circumstances that prevent you or your child from wearing a mask. No one will be denied participation due to masks, but we must be informed prior to classes so our staff is aware.
16. There is no early arrival/drop-off. Please refer to your Welcome Letter detailing your specific arrival time period for your child's class. You will not be permitted into the facility until your scheduled arrival time. Welcome Letter's will be emailed out one week prior to the start of class sessions.
17. One bathroom will be designated for emergency purposes only. The lobby and other washrooms will be off limits. Please encourage your child to use the washroom prior to leaving home.
18. Shoes, coats, water bottles and other personal items will be placed on an assigned chair socially distanced from others inside the gym area. Please leave “extra” items at home or in your vehicle (such as diaper bags, snacks, stuffies/toys etc). No snacks permitted in the facility. The lobby area will be off-limits so all personal items will have to remain with you or at your designated chair. Please bring a change of shoes for your child if needed and a plastic bag to put wet shoes/boots in during class time.
ARRIVING FOR CLASSES:
1. Please refer to your Welcome Letter for specific instructions on your class time and arrival protocols.
2. Parents/guardians and children must pre-screen at home for any symptoms prior to coming to class and will not be permitted to enter if showing symptoms.
3. Children and parents must wait outside of the facility until the designated arrival time for your class.
4. A coach will open the door at the scheduled time.
5. One parent/guardian and their child will enter the facility at a time. The parent/guardian will sign the health questionnaire, both parties will sanitize their hands and have their temperature checked and then the coach will direct them to their assigned chair area. Once personal belongings have been left in the designated area, the parent/child can find an empty training pod space on the floor. Please wait in this area until class begins.
Please wait outside the facility until invited in by a Coach. If the weather is not good, please bring a coat/umbrella as needed. We unfortunately are NOT able to open the facility doors prior to the scheduled time.
6. Masks must be worn by parents/guardians and the children (age 2+) upon entry and exit. Once at your designated chair space, the children may remove their masks. Please contact us prior to your class if you have circumstances that prevent you or your child from wearing a mask. No one will be denied participation due to masks, but we must be informed prior to classes.
7. Feel free to chat with other parents and children while waiting for class to begin if you can do so from your individual training pod area.
8. During water breaks, everyone will be directed along a socially-distanced route to their designated chair. All children and parents/guardians should wait at their chair until instructed where to go next. If you have to leave the room at any time, please ask for direction.
9. If a student becomes ill during a class, this child and his/her parent/guardian will be isolated. The remainder of the class will be dismissed (a make-up class will be scheduled) and a thorough cleaning will take place.
10. At the end of the class, a coach will direct each family to their designated chair to retrieve personal belongings and then how to safely exit the facility. Please do not loiter in the facility or outside. If you wish to chat with other families, please safely do so once you are back out in the parking lot and maintain social distancing if other families are not within your social bubble. We cannot allow the next class into the facility until everyone has exited and the entire space, the chairs, all tough surfaces and all equipment has been cleaned.
Sport Kidz is doing everything possible to ensure that you and your children arrive to a safe and healthy space for classes. However, we must understand that children within the toddler and preschooler age range have quick feet and strong personalities and although precautions are taken, we must understand that close contact between children of this age may be unavoidable in certain circumstances. Sport Kidz cannot guarantee a child will not come into contact with another child during the course of a class. We require every parent/guardian to sign our Covid-19 portion of the waiver in order to participate in our programming.
Sport Kidz will continue to monitor the situation daily. If the situation changes, we will update our protocols and procedures to accurately reflect these changes. If at any time we are instructed to close down, we will make-up lost classes, or offer credits/refunds for any remaining classes in the session.
We urge everyone to do what is possible by staying home if you or your little one is feeling unwell and help us all by following the guidelines outlined above. We are doing everything we can to ensure the children are still able to have a fun and rewarding program while following all necessary guidelines for safety and health! We appreciate that there may be some road-bumps as we navigate this new normal for classes, so we appreciate your patience and support.
Please note that all coaches and staff members are following protocols outlined by Sport Kidz as directed by governing bodies. There will be ZERO tolerance for harassment of any kind towards any staff or coach. Any questions or concerns regarding our outlined policies should be directed to Katie Neve at Sport Kidz.
Thank you for your support and understanding! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sport Kidz!
Sport Kidz Pre-Screening Checklist
(to be completed at home for anyone planning to attend classes)
1. Does your child/you or anyone in your household, have any of the following symptoms:
Fever (feeling hot to the touch)
Cough that’s new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
Shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
2. Does your child/you have any of the following symptoms:
Barking cough, (making a squeaky or whistling noise when breathing)
Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
Runny, stuffy or congested nose (unrelated to seasonal allergies or other known causes/conditions)
Lost sense of taste or smell
Headache that’s unusual or long lasting
Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain unrelated to known cause or condition
Extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
Falling down often
Muscle aches that are unusual or long lasting
For young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
3. Has your child/you travelled internationally within the last 14 days (outside Canada)?
4. Has your child/you had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
5. Has your child/you had close contact with a person who is sick with new respiratory symptoms or who recently travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days?
If no symptoms are exhibited and you answer NO to all questions, your child/you have passed the screening and can attend your Sport Kidz program today.