Join Our Team
Interested In Running A Sport Kidz Program?
OVERVIEW OF SPORT KIDZ:
Established in Ontario, Canada in 2016, in response to a lack of variety, good quality and affordable sports coaching for toddlers and preschool-aged children, Sport Kidz was developed by Katie Neve.
At the time of development Katie had a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. When her son had been a toddler he struggled physically due to an aliment at birth. He walked late and struggled with simple tasks such as running and jumping. When her son was 2 years old and Katie and her husband looked for an sporting activity to introduce him to, it became apparent that there was a real lack of variety in sporting options for young children. Soccer-specific programs, dance, gymnastics and swimming were the extent of offerings Katie could find in her area for children under the age of 4. From a parental standpoint, this bothered Katie. In the case of her own son, she knew he would not be the fastest runner or have the coordination to run and kick a ball in a soccer-focused program. Why affect the confidence of a 2 year old when it can be avoided? He may not be able to run or kick, but what if he could excel at batting, or tossing a basketball, or hitting off of a baseball tee? Maybe his strengths physically lie in an area that couldn't be discovered in a single sport activity. Should children not be afforded the opportunity to play a whole array of different sports and find ones that they truly love, and perhaps excel at?
With her own background in youth coaching, youth fitness training and nutrition Katie sought to develop a program that was based around fun and variety for children. An introduction to sport and games in a high-energy and constantly changing class where young children would have the opportunity to try many different sports and related skill sets throughout a program session. A place where the focus on athletic prowess would come secondary to the joy of play. The building of athletes is not relevant as a toddler or preschooler – it is about learning, growth and fun. Children are sponges and will inherently learn best when they don't think they are learning at all.
Katie has an obsessive quest for excellence, both in terms of the classes she operates and the infrastructure she can offer to her Sport Kidz licensees. With a firm emphasis on teamwork, Katie provides her network of licensees a solid platform from which to grow their businesses. She recognizes that ongoing success requires continuous support, and is always available to provide advice and encouragement. The results? An ever-expanding network of successful licensees. Successful Sport Kidz program operators are motivated and hard-working entrepreneurs; they possess strong communication skills, they are passionate about sports, they love working with children and making a positive contribution to their community.
As a local leader in the field of children’s health and sport, we offer high-energy, fun skills-based programming for kids aged 18 months-5 years.
Our programming is broken down into three classes based on the age of the children.
Sport Totz (ages 18 months to 2.5 years)
Sport Kidz 1 (ages 2.5-3.5 years)
Sport Kidz 2 (ages 3.5-5years)
Our programs are an introduction to sport fundamentals in a positive and fun atmosphere. The children learn key skills such as flexibility, coordination, strength, balance, and agility as well are introduced to sport-specific skills for soccer, baseball, basketball and hockey.
For more information on each of our classes please refer here.
What are the benefits of purchasing a license to run Sport Kidz, as opposed to "going it alone" with a program of your own creation?
Lower Failure Rate: when you buy a license, you are buying into an established concept that has a proven record of success. Statistics show that franchisees and licensees stand a much better chance of success than people who start independent businesses – independent businesses stand a 70% to 80% chance of NOT surviving the first few critical years while franchisees and licensees have an 80% chance of surviving (Michael M Coltman, Franchising in Canada: Pros and Cons, Self-Counsel Press).
Help with Start Up and Beyond: because the licensor (Sport Kidz) has an interest in ensuring your business is a success, you will get a lot of help starting your business and running it afterwards. When you buy a license you get all the supplies, materials, class outlines and instruction or training required to start the business. You also get ongoing training and help with management, advertising, running of classes, daily operations, and marketing.
Brand Equity: many well-known franchises and licensed businesses have brand-name recognition. Buying into a successful business can be like buying a business with built-in customers. Branding, logos, marketing and advertising materials will already have been developed so there is no need for you to spend your time and money on this activity.
THE TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE A SPORT KIDZ PROGRAM:
1. Proven System: The support that we provide to our licensees is second to none. We’ve invested heavily in developing our infrastructure, whilst consulting on a regular basis with our network of Sport Kidz licensees to ensure that we are providing them with the support they need to be successful for a long time to come.
2. Work / Life Balance: Whether you are a parent, frazzled by the challenges of juggling work and family life, a stay-at-home parent looking for extra income while still being able to make your own schedule and be home with your children, a professional individual looking for extra income or a change, or a recent graduate who finds the prospect of a traditional 9 to 5 job unappealing, running a Sport Kidz program could be for you. You choose your hours and how much you work. Our licensees are able to set up and run successful businesses whilst also spending valuable time focusing on their interests outside of work.
3. Brand Equity: The Sport Kidz brand is becoming more and more recognizable in the communities where we operate, and is synonymous with quality and fun. We focus heavily on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and have a strong social media presence (Facebook etc). Our established brand, marketing materials, social media guide, logo and characters provides licensees with a great platform to develop their businesses in their local markets. Licensees are also provided with access to customizable marketing and advertising collateral so they can tailor their materials to suit the requirements of their local market. All the background work is done for you so that you can spend the time you invest doing what you love – growing and teaching your program!
4. Committed to your Success: The team specializes in the key operational areas of the business - coaching, marketing, planning etc to assist you whenever you need a little extra help. We are committed to staying abreast of developments in the industry so we will know what is happening before it happens and help you navigate changes in the industry or community in which you operate.
5. Ongoing Development: Our programs are constantly evolving in response to market requirements and feedback from our parents, students, communities and licensees. This focus on continuous enhancement means that Sport Kidz program operators can stay ahead of the curve and outperform competitors.
6. Excellent Initial and Ongoing Training: Our initial training provides licensees with a thorough understanding of all aspects of running a Sport Kidz business. Ongoing training is also available in the form of regular coaching classes and coach assessments as well as business overviews and business checks.
7. Communications: We recognize that much of the businesses’ success comes from listening to our licensees. We are available at any time for questions, concerns, suggestions or just to chat about the program, a misbehaving child in class, an upset parent, an ad to run and so on.
BENEFITS OF A SPORT KIDZ LICENSE:
- Growing market demand for programs that prevent childhood obesity and promote children’s health and wellness
- Limited overhead
- A scalable business model, allowing you to work from home and grow your territory
- Comprehensive training and support in the tried and true Sport Kidz method
- Administrative, financial and marketing support
- All program outlines (class outlines), student manuals, student certificates, advertising, marketing plans, etc.
A Sport Kidz license is available for a low total investment (less than $2000), making it an affordable way to build your own business and create a meaningful and rewarding lifestyle.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT?
Licensees can come from a wide range of different backgrounds - ranging from stay-at-home parents, ex-athletes, personal trainers, marketing professionals, accountants, professional sportspeople, teachers, engineers, small business owners, and many others!
A background in sport is not essential, but a love of kids, and an interest in sport is a necessity.
The main characteristics our most successful Sport Kidz program operators share are:
Enthusiasm: You MUST have a real passion for what you do.
Perseverance: Running your own business is not easy, and working from home can be lonely at times. Successful program operators have the strength to keep going when faced with challenges, and to show determination.
Strong communication skills: You have to train and manage your assistant coaches, build working relationships with parents, students, the community and us at head office. The ability to communicate well is critical to the success of your business.
Good administrative skills: Whilst the background work is done for you and the business has been designed to minimize the day-to-day administration involved in running the business, attention to detail and strong IT skills are very useful in running a successful program.
Fit and active: You need to be able to train your coaches and teach your students week in a week out in a high energy and active manner!
BUYING IN YOUR AREA:
We are currently looking for licensees for Sport Kidz in several areas of Ontario as well as other provinces in Canada. Each of our licensees receives a dedicated territory to operate within in order to assure that you have the greatest success possible. Please contact us if you are interested in further details about establishing a new licensee territory.
FIND OUT MORE:
So you like what you’ve seen, and are interested in finding out more about running a Sport Kidz program. Firstly you need to complete the fields below to request more information. In doing so, you are under no obligation to proceed with a license.
Once you’ve completed and submitted the information request below, you will be contacted by a member of the Head Office Team who will be in touch to arrange an initial interview via telephone. If you are interested in finding out more after the initial interview, and we feel that you may be a suitable candidate to run a program, we will provide you with further information (including indicative cash flow forecasts) on completion of a Confidentiality Agreement.
You will then be asked to complete our standard legal documentation to complete the agreement. Once the agreement is signed, you will be invited for training and will then be in a position to start running classes 8-12 weeks later.